Thursday, October 8, 2015

Birth story of baby Jack

Its been a while, but I am finally sitting down to write about the birth of one of the most beautiful little boys, my Surro baby, Jack.

On May 29th I was taken off work until 6 weeks after the birth of Jack due to extreme swelling in my hands and feet. I enjoyed my time at home, with my kids, trying to make the swelling go down. My doctor wasn't worried because my blood pressure wasn't high consistently, but there was no explanation for the extreme swelling. I also had SEVERE SPD (Symphysis pubis dysfunction).

I couldn't not get comfortable and could barely walk, stand, lay down or sit.

Fast forward to July --->

My daughters friends dad lol.. asked me to house sit for him and watch his daughter for 4 days while he was out of the country. So here I am, 38 weeks pregnant, watching 4 kids (12, 11, 7 and 9). Thankfully they were wonderful and we just hung out at the pool and they cooked for me lol. I used this time to get my body loose and prepared for birth by swimming and relaxing in the pool.

I had been having contractions for a few days on and off. They would be consistently a few mins apart for half the day and then all of a sudden stop (gotta love being teased with on coming labor lol). The last day I was there, my contractions wouldn't go away and they were pretty intense. I laid down for a few hours and then decided I better get up and shower and see if they go away or stay consistent. After my shower, the contractions were still present so I decided to go ahead and make my way to the hospital. I left my daughter in charge until my mom could pick them up (a couple hours later) and went on my way to the hospital. I let my IF know that I was in the hospital and him and his mother were en route. They were originally set to arrive on 7/14/2015.

When I arrived at the hospital, they were so full that I had a gurney in the hall. They checked my cervix (again, in the hall, with no curtain or cover) and I was 2cm and 70% effaced. They could see that the contractions were heavy so they told me to walk the hospital for 2 hours and then come back up (it was 830pm on the 9th of July at this time). I went down stairs, got ice, grabbed some snacks out of the vending machine and walked the halls for two hours. The contractions intensified and after two hours I made my way back to the maternity floor. When the nurse checked me, again in the hall, I was now 3.5cm and 80% effaced. I got the news that they were keeping me!!!! I let my IF know and he was sad that he couldn't be there for me through the birth and welcome his son into the world, but had so much confidence that I would be amazing.

I was put into a monitoring room, had my IV started and waited to progress. The progress was touch and go for a while with my contractions fading to almost nothing and with me being at 5cm at that point, they couldn't send me home. I asked to sit my chair/bed up in an upright position since that's what seemed to bring on the contraction and they sat me up and at that point my contractions started to get so intense that they had to give me fluids to slow them down (they were every minute). In the middle of the night (not 100% sure of the times) I was moved to a room finally. My night shift nurse was AMAZING!!!! When I was moved, shortly after they changed shifts and I got the next nurse on duty.

They wouldn't check me again because they didn't want to do much to "help" the labor along since they're not technically supposed to keep you until 39 weeks and I was 38 weeks 2 days. At about noon on the 10th of July, my nurse checked me and said I was still at 5cm and 80% effaced. I waited and waited and waited and my nurse said she would go get the Pitocin to start up and come back.. 3 hours later no sign of her. Another nurse came in to check on me and see how I was doing and I asked what happened to the Pitocin and the other nurse and she said that there was an emergency and she had to go take care of it. I never saw that nurse again until the end of her shift. Late afternoon I decided to get the epidural to finally be able to get some sleep (I hadn't eaten or slept in over 24 hours at this point). The epidural caused my blood pressure to drop, quickly, and I became extremely nauseous and light headed and they rushed to get me fluids and medicine to help the nausea. Throughout the labor my blood pressure was extremely high and I was put on oxygen for the dropping of my oxygen levels. The doctor finally came in to check on me and said that I wasn't even 2cm dilated. I was about to have a complete breakdown.

They called in another doctor to check me and another nurse and the other doctor felt that I was 7cm. Apparently my cervix was tilted and the way they were checking was not correct, I had to have my hips up high in order for them to get the right measurements. I was irritated, annoyed, angry and tired at this point. The doctor saw it in my face and decided she was going to just break my water and let the labor progress.

I sat my bed up straight and continued to labor after my water was broken. I had my mom, daughter, daughters best friend and family coming throughout the day to distract me and be an advocate for the terrible care I was receiving. As night shift came on, I got my FIRST nurse, thank God!! At around 930pm, they checked me again and I was 9cm and 90% effaced but Jack was coming down VERY VERY slowly. My doctor came in and said she was worried that he was too big for my body. I started freaking out (my biggest fear was to tear) and I kept begging for a c section. My doctor advised me it would not be in my best interest and we should proceed with a natural birth. My best friend showed up, she had gone with me to the transfer and saw me through the entire surrogacy.

At about 1230am, I was finally at 10cm and 100% effaced. My doctor wanted me to wait about an hour before I started pushing (although I was pushing a little through each contraction). I started pushing about 45 mins later with just my nurse, my mom, my daughter and my best friend. My mom had my right leg and my friend had my left leg. I started pushing and was doing so well that Jack kept crowning and they had me stop since the doc wasn't there yet. The doctor came in and I pushed about 5 times and one of the most beautiful baby boys arrived on earth at 148am on 7/11/2015.

He was 7lbs, 5oz and 19" long. He was perfect! After about 2 days and 35 hours of labor, it was all worth it. He was so quiet, so content, so handsome. Once I could feel my one leg again (I had some difficulty with the epidural wearing off on one of my legs for about 24 hours), they had to use the restroom and moved us to the other floor to eat, get some rest and get some snuggle time in. At about 2pm the next day, Jacks daddy and grandma arrived. It was honestly, the most amazing feeling in the world to see him meet his son for the first time. It all become so real, so clear as to why I chose to be a surrogate.

Jack and his family stayed in CA for a month before going back home. My family and I were blessed to be able to hang out with them and create even more of a bond. I never realized the impact surrogacy would have on my life and the amazing family I would gain from it. Jacks family is great, they're perfect actually. I am forever grateful to them for allowing me to be a part of his life and watch him grow through pictures, videos, facetime and updates!
Jack is now almost 3 months old. He is a happy, healthy, beautiful little boy that I cannot get enough of. He is loved, by many. He has two families that have come together in love and he is surrounded by more people than I can even count, who wished for him, prayed for him and who love him. This little boy was wanted, so badly.. and he is loved, immensely.

I am grateful! Stay tuned for the next journey, I have already been matched and am awaiting medical. I am excited to get to know my new IF's and their family and help them create a family.

#SurrogacyRocks #IHelpMakeFamilies #WhatsYourSuperPower #Grateful #Blessed #LittleJack


  1. This is the best thing I've ever read on internet. I really loved reading this. This gives really an amazing feelings so blessings are always with them. I do found best surrogacy agency in Canada called Mysurrogatemom they are also providing Intended Parents for Surrogacy and making people smile once again.

  2. Don’t think of anything else just contact Dr Abalaka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to conceive due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the Priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Dr Abalaka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Dr on ( If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::
    High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)
    Infection, regular body pains
    Blockage from the fallopian Tube
    Cyst from the ovaries
    Unpleasant smell from the virginal
    Irregular menstruation
    Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)
    Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
    Infertility for easy Conception.......
    Erectile dysfunction treatment
    Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
    Get your ex back
    Happiness in relationship
    Command respect in the society
    Enlarge your Penis/breast with no side effect
    Impotent solution
    Obesity solution
    Romanticism solutions
    Cancer of the blood
    Parkinson disease
    General consultation
    Those are the things he does, You can simply contact the spiritualist Dr Abalaka on ( to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..