Wednesday, October 1, 2014

How did I choose to become a surrogate? Always the first question im asked :-)

This is always the first thing I'm asked when I tell people of my journey.  How did you decide to do that?  Well, since I can remember, I always wanted to have my own children and knew that being a mommy was going to be my greatest accomplishment.  When I got pregnant at 17, though young, i knew she was sent to me for a reason.  A few months before I found out I was pregnant, my mother had a miscarriage and it devastated her.  At that point, I had thought about surrogacy even though it wasn't as spoken about at that time.  I never followed through with it and went on to have 2 more children.  I was lucky enough to have great pregnancies and perfect births.  My family was complete after my youngest son was born and i decided to tie my tubes.  Its now been 7 years since I was last pregnant and I am definitely excited for this journey. My choice to be a surrogate really came because I've seen families devastated by infertility or the inability to be able to have children of their own through traditional ways and if I can provide someone the gift of life with my body (since I am built to have babies), then why not?!? I also loved being pregnant (I just don't want to add anymore children to the Walker Clan LOL) and I cant wait to help my IF feel the joy of being a parent like I do.  In March of this year, I found my agency, applied, was matched, medically cleared and just started my injections yesterday!  So far this journey has been exciting, meaningful and touching.. i cant wait to see what the rest of the journey is like :-) OASN (On A Side Note):  My agency is AMAZING and so is my IF!!  I am one lucky lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment