Thursday, October 30, 2014

PIO (Progesterone in oil)

Stopped my Lupron injections and started my Crinone Gel (Yuck) and my PIO. Thank goodness I got to stop the Lupron, the shots didn't want to go into my stomach anymore lol.  I started up my PIO (1cc) and iced the area like I do with my Delestrogen injections, prepped the meds and was thankful I get to use a 25G needle instead of the 22G (big difference lol).  When I first went in I think I hit a nerve so I gently pulled back a little and went at a different angle and everything went very smoothly.  I then massaged the area to get the oil distributed and to not leave any knots in the muscle and I sat with a rice pack for a while.  Sometime in the middle of the night my whole injection area got super sore and I couldn't even lay on it.  I really thank goodness (again), that I have a very high pain tolerance!!  I'm sure as the days and weeks go on (I need to take the PIO everyday for 10 weeks) it will get easier and better, but the thought of injecting into the same sore spot kinda makes my knees weak lol.

My IF and I talked last night and he is so encouraging and thoughtful.. I wish he could be there for the transfer, but hopefully we can Skype!!  He let me know that I can take my time and rest and not feel rushed to get back home if I'm tired, that was extremely thoughtful and kind!  We are both more and more excited as the transfer nears and so hopeful! 

The egg retrieval went great and they were able to get 27 eggs :-)  Awesome news!!  Within the next couple days we will get to see how many eggs are good quality and my IF decided to go with one embryo of the best quality.. so no twins unless this baby splits!  Stephanie (my best friend and companion for the transfer) and I will be flying into LA Monday night and my transfer is the next morning.  We don't fly home until Wednesday.. I will miss my kids, but it will be a nice little get-a-way! 

I cant wait until next week.. please send us all the love and prayers you all have :-)  Thanks for following!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so scared about having to do these injections! Please tell me it did get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly wish I could tell you it gets easier :-(
    My bottom is so lumpy and sore, I don't know where to inject anymore. My advice to you is to DEEPLY massage the area after EVERY injection and use a heating pad to disperse the medicine.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete